Happy Friday everyone!
It’s Summer, that means I am in the perfect mood to enjoy some things, even the salads taste better this time of the year, I’ve been loving Summer salads lately, so I am sharing with you my some of my favorites!
1. ROASTED POTATO VEGETABLE SALAD
2 lbs baby red potatoes, halved
1 corn on the cob, husk on
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 orange bell pepper, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon ancho chili pepper powder
1 tablespoon coarse salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced + extra roughly chopped to garnish
Green onion, thinly sliced to garnish
3 tablespoons olive oil
– Preheat oven to 400ËF.
– Toss potatoes, bell peppers, cumin, ancho chili pepper, salt, pepper, minced dill, and olive oil until coated on a roasting pan. Spread the vegetables out into a single layer, leaving an empty space for the corn on the cob. Place the corn on the cob, husk still on, in the empty space.
– Put the pan on a middle rack in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the corn on the cob and set aside. Put the pan back in the oven and cook for another 30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
– While vegetables continue to cook, remove the husk from the corn and slice off the kernels.
– When the potatoes are tender enough to be pierced with a fork, remove the pan from the oven. Stir in the corn kernels and add the remaining fresh dill and green onion to garnish.
2. Salted tomato salad
300g heritage tomatoes, various shapes and sizes
1 red onion
1 garlic clove
8 small basil leaves
1 tbspÂ olive oil
1 tbsp nigella seeds
– ChopÂ the tomatoes into equal-sized chunks and slice the onion, then transfer them to a bowl. Grate the garlic, then add to the tomatoes, along with the basil leaves.
– Sprinkle with Â½ tsp salt, pour over the oil and toss together. Leave to infuse for up to 30 mins, then serve sprinkled with nigella seeds.
3. Crispy broccoli salad
75g ground almonds
1 tsp garam masala
1 headÂ broccoli,Â stalk removed, cut into quarters, then halved again to make 8 wedges
1Â egg, beaten
1 red onion, peeled and finely sliced
1Â lemon, juiced
75g natural yogurt
250g mixed grain pouch, heated following pack instructions
Â½ bagÂ rocke
Â½ small packÂ mint, leaves picked
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Mix the ground almonds and garam masala together with some seasoning. Stir the broccoli pieces with the egg to coat, then in the almond mix. Tip onto a linedÂ baking trayÂ and put into the oven to roast for 15 mins.
Mix the onion with half the lemon juice and a splash of water, then set aside to lightly pickle. Mix the remaining lemon juice with the yogurt, season and set aside.
In a largeÂ mixing bowl, mix the cooked mixed grains with the rocket and most of the red onion. Drizzle in half the dressing, toss, then tip onto a serving plate and top with the crispy broccoli. Drizzle with the remaining dressing, mint leaves and a final scattering of red onion slices.